Busy, Busy, Busy Sprinting Around The Beautiful City Of Seville

 Hello yall,

I am back with another blog update on my education abroad trip to Seville. Last week I discussed my first couple days and weekend in Seville, which was awesome because I truly got to explore and understand the outstanding city I will be spending the next three months in. Now that I know a little bit about how Spaniards live there everyday lives I can truly see I am from a different country. During my first week I noticed and got use to the schedule of sleeping in till around 10am and going on with my day doing different things like walking and exploring the city and stores. Then right after lunch I was use to taking a short siesta (nap) and then waking up to finish up the rest of my day. Finally my day completed around 12am, and I woke up the next morning repeating the process. But ever since the beginning of my second week I have been extremely busy with all sorts of different activities. I have continued my classes, begun my internship, and was able to watch some futbol practices. All with the main focus of improving my Spanish. 

Last week I begun my two classes for my semester in Seville. Those classes are Intro to Tourism Business at the EUSA University in Seville, and Intro to Beginner Spanish at SAIIE. Both classes are going very well and I am learning a lot. In my tourism class I have been able to connect with some foreigners from the different countries of France, Germany, and Portugal. I am looking forward to continue to becomes friends with them throughout the semester. While in my Spanish class I have begun to learn the basics of a new language with the best teacher in Seville. Her name "Loli," and she is wonderful and is helping me improve everyday. Can't wait to see how much my Spanish improves in the next three months. 


On Monday this week I was thrown into the ropes of my internship for the next three months. For my internship I will be doing a variety of activities. My main roles for the beginning of my internship are to be the receptionist, store helper, and a ticket gatherer for the museum. My first couple days I found to be a blast, but they were very difficult as I was learning how to do a variety of activities. Lucky, they have a wonderful team at the museum and I got put with two great teachers in, "Paco and Martina." I am looking forward to this whole experience at Museo del Baile Flamenco and can't wait to see how much this changes me in the next couple months. I will blog more about my internship experience in the following weeks.


Another thing I have been able to do in my first two weeks is watch of couple soccer practices of Triana C.F. What a difference I have noticed in just two weeks. My background of playing soccer consist of playing five collegiate years at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. Just in two weeks I have noticed a major difference in style of plays between teams in the US and teams in Spain. Here in Spain there practices focus less on the physical aspects of the game and more on the technical aspects. It seem like there main goal was to do a lot of possessing and passing drills. The players in Spain seemed to be way cleaner on the ball than back in the States. While in the States we focus a lot on both the physical and technical aspects of the game. For example, at my old practices we would do a lot of passing and possessing drills, but we would also take the time to do lots of running to make sure we were in top shape. That is just one thing I have noticed. There are many differences I could ramble on about, but I will leave those for future blogs. Unfortunately I am currently injured so will not be practicing for the Triana C.F. team throughout my stay, but if I wasn't injury I would definitely be practicing in SAIIE athletics program. The things they offer here at SAIIE are phenomenal, and if you have played a sport in college back in the states I would truly suggest try playing a sport here through the SAIIE program. It will be life changing!!!

I can't wait to take in this full experience and continue to improve my Spanish by getting help from everyone around me. That being from my team at Museo del Baile Flamenco, SAIIE, EUSA, and all the students I will meet in my near future. I will be back with my next blog sometime early next week talking about my weekend spent in Granada with the SAIIE program!

Deuces

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food in Espana

First weekend in Seville

First time out of the United States