BETIS & MOROCCO

 Welcome back yawl,

What a wonderful week I had. This weekend was definitely my favorite weekend abroad by far. First off my week started off great by having fun at my internship and learning a lot in my classes. For those that don't know the school week through SAIIE abroad is only Monday through Thursday, which is awesome because after work on Thursday my weekend officially began. 

At the conclusion of work I rushed home and headed to a Betis game. Betis is a professional soccer team in Seville, and three friends and I got to experience an Europa league game which was awesome. The atmosphere in Betis stadium was absolutely electric, and I can't thank Stuart and Samantha for hooking us up with the best seats. Below you can see some pictures of us cheering on Betis.



Friday morning we woke up bright and early and headed for the airport to fly to Morocco. We headed to Morocco for three days to travel through four cities and explore Africa. Everything went smoothly on the flight to Morocco until we landed and had to spend around one hour in the customs line. Once we got through the customs line we met our tour guide for the weekend. He ended up being the best tour guide I have ever had, he was wonderful and I was very fortunate to learn so much from him. Our tour started off in Tangiers, where the first thing we did was ride some camels. LITERALLY THE COOLEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!



Once we finished with the camels we then continued our tour for the day through the beautiful city of Tangiers. What a different cultural experience it was in Morocco.


On Saturday we woke up and head to the beautiful blue city of Chefchaouen. On the tour we got to see the pretty city, which you can see through the pictures below.


On the way back to Tangiers from Chefchaouen, we made a quick stop and toured Tetuan. Another city that was a hot tourist attraction. 

We finished off our exploring by going to Asilah, which of course was another beautiful city and produced some awesome pictures.


Not only was it a wonderful trip, but I believe Moroccan food might be the best food on the planet. There food was so delicious that I didn't want to leave. You could tell that Morocco was really know for there spices, because everything I ate was spiced perfectly. Lastly, I want to thank SAIIE for helping set us up with this trip. It was absolutely wonderful, and I am so fortunate that I was able to experience it!

✌ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time out of the United States

Food in Espana

First weekend in Seville