Weekend in Jaén

 Hello everyone,

I am back with another blog. This one will be focusing on my first trip throughout Spain by myself. What a wonderful experience and confidence builder it was as it taught me so much about, "ME." Earlier this week I went on Renfe, and book a train ticket from Seville to Jaén. I wanted to go visit my friend from college back in Wisconsin, and he currently lives in Jaén as he is teaching English to Spanish students. So Thursday night I packed up my bag and made the venture to Jaén on Friday morning.

My train was bright and early on Friday morning. But getting to the train station was my first challenge of the weekend because I did not want to walk 45 minutes to the train station at 6:30 in the morning. So I hopped on my phone and called a cab through Cabify, which is an app that is similar to Uber. This was a challenge because of my language barrier but I overcame that challenge and made it to the train station in time to catch my train. During my three hour ride I did some reading, sleeping, and sight seeing as the ride went through a variety of small towns and country type areas. My buddy then met me at the train station, and we began our weekend. 

The first thing we did was went for a wonderful hike. WOWZA, what a view we got hiking up to Castillo de Santa Catalina and what a beautiful day it was! But let me tell you Jaén is full of hills, as I was so tired after the hike that I took a 2.5 hour nap. After our nap we finished our night by enjoying some Jaén night life. Below you can see some of the pictures from my hike, and in the pictures you can see rows and rows of olives tree as Jaén is one of the largest producers of Olives and Olive Oil in Spain. 

  



Saturday was another day full of adventures. My friend cooked me a lovely home made breakfast and then we went to a flea market. Spent all afternoon there looking at local shops and playing some games in the park. Then we went for some tapas. This was a shocking experience as the tapas were pretty different than the tapas I get in Seville. Finally, we ended the night by going to a concert. The concert we went to was Alameda Sound Party. It was a good time, and I got to hangout with some locals from Jaén as well as some other international students. Below you can see some videos from the concert.




Finally, Sunday morning I woke up and caught the train back to Seville. What a wonderful weekend I had in Jaén. I´m happy I was able to go and see my buddy from college. I want to thank him for letting me stay in his house! Another weekend of traveling around Spain completed!! Woot woot!! 

My next blog will be talking about my day trip through SAIIE to the beautiful city of Ronda.

👊







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time out of the United States

Food in Espana

First weekend in Seville